15 March 2017

Film Review - Wreckage (2010)





Wreckage is a 2010 horror film starring Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul in an early career role. Chelsea Films releases this epic slasher film in the UK on DVD.

Jared, Kate, Rick, and Jessica find themselves stranded in a wreckage yard after their car breaks down during a drag race. Meanwhile, the sheriff s office receives notice that a convict escaped from a local state prison. As the teenagers mysteriously disappear one by one, the killer grows hungry and the thriller continues to unravel.

Going into this film I honestly did not know what to expect. I had heard nothing about this film and knew nothing about it either. I think that was good for going into this film.

I was rather shocked to see Aaron Paul in this film, but thankfully he was pretty decent. Everyone in this film was decent. That is the thing with this film, I did like it very much but it wasn’t the greatest horror film I have ever seen but is certainly worth the watch.

Where Wreckage went totally right, was in the atmosphere. The film had a very eerie and chilling feel to it, which you can see from the get go. This really enhanced the experience of the film.

I liked the overall story of the film and how it appeared to sort of have a supernatural twist to it, or so we are led to believe. It was a very fun watch and is a film I think many horror fans will like. It's pretty underrated and I think deserves a lot more notice.

I always go into a film thinking, would I watch this again? And the answer with Wreckage is Absolute! It is a fun, gory, fast paced horror film that yes, of course, has its flaws but stands up for itself and is a fun time watch.

Fun, Gory and chilling.

★★★ | Ross Wilcock

Horror, Thriller | USA, 2010 | 15 | 22nd August 2011 (UK) | Chelsea Films | Dir.John Mallory Asher | Scoot McNairy, Aaron Paul, Kelly Kruger, Mike Erwin


No comments:

Post a Comment