15 March 2017

Film Review - Hatchet II (2010)





Adam Green returns with his epic sequel to his 2006 horror smash hit Hatchet, This time with a new leading lady. Released through Arrow Films UK, Hatchet II sees Danielle Harris taking on the role of Marybeth for the horror classic Hatchet II.

Marybeth escapes the monster that is Victor Crowley (Kane Hodder) and returns later to the swamp, this time with an army to finally get revenge on the menacing killer once and for all.

I am just going to come right out and say this now, I love this film, in fact, I love this entire series. I think it is a fantastic horror franchise and has so much going for it. Everything about it is amazing. I think it is a series that Horror fans will at least respect for bringing back an iconic killer.

I really think it is great how Adam Green managed to create such a cool, yet terrifying new horror series. Considering the films are very low budget, they have so many awesome things to talk about. From the overly gory (and epic) death scenes to Danielle Harris confirming her status as a Scream Queen. There is really nothing to hate about this series. I know that some people prefer a certain film in the series over another but really the films do go hand in hand with one another.

Although I do think the third and first have more story per say but this one has a lot more blood guts and action in it.

Seeing how much love and passion went into making this film just makes it even more fantastic! I can not tell you how much I adore this film and the hatchet series overall.

I'm just putting this out there – I wouldn’t say no to a fourth.

A true horror masterpiece.

★★★★★ | Ross Wilcock

Horror, Slasher | USA, 2010 | 18 | 29th August 2011 (UK) | Arrow Films | Dir.Adam Green | Danielle Harris, Kane Hodder, Tony Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment